If you own a home or business in South Jersey and are experiencing water heater problems, call the team on BMB & Sons. We will repair your water heater as needed or install a replacement. We work with all major brands and can work with you to finance a new water heater as needed.
Your heater works when cold water enters into the water heater it is heated by a heat source (gas, electric, or oil). As a homeowner, problems with your heater could mean rough winters and uncomfortable living. Issues a homeowner may have with their water heater could include no hot water, water leaking around base of water heater, or an error code showing a flaw.
These issues may stem from the age of the water heater; as equipment gets older the parts begin to fail. Or is could simply be defects in the equipment causing it to malfunction.
There are multiple components to a water heater that allow it to function properly.
- Tank – The inner shell of your water heater is a heavy metal tank that contains a water protective liner that holds hot water.
- Dip tube – Water enters the water heater through the dip tube at the top of the tank and travels to the tank bottom where it’s then heated.
- Shut-off valve –The shut-off valve is designed to stop water flow into the water heater. It’s a separate component from the heater on the outside of the unit.
- Heat-out pipe – Located toward the top of the tank’s interior, the heat-out pipe allows the hot water to exit the water heater.
- Thermostat – a thermometer and temperature-control device. Some electric water heaters use a separate thermostat for each element.
- Heating mechanism – Electric water heaters use heating elements inside the tank that heat the water, while water gas water heaters use a burner and chimney system instead.
- Drain valve – Makes it easy to empty the tank to replace the elements, remove sediment or move the tank to another location.
- Pressure relief valve – keeps the pressure inside the water heater within safe limits.
- Sacrificial anode rod – This is usually made of magnesium or aluminum with a steel core. The rod is suspended in the water heater tank to help retard corrosion.
If you’re experiencing problems with your water heater, contact the team at BMB & Sons. With BMB & Sons, you can expect a hassle free experience and same day service.